Day gift. The best gifts are the one's you make from you heart.
Take a look at the 5 easy to make gifts of love below. Big hugs from the Cherry Village Apartments staff!
Make a bookmark for your favorite book. Reading is relaxing and also very comforting.
· Felt Heart Bookmark To make this pretty heart bookmark, cut a rectangle shape from cream-color wool felt and trace a heart on the back side; cut out the shape with scissors. Glue the bookmark onto red wool felt and trim the edges with scallop-edge scissors. For the stitched bookmark, use disappearing ink to mark stitches, then stitch along the lines using embroidery floss. Cut a heart from red felt, and glue it on the front.
Give flower seeds with little pots to your valentine. Use a rubber stamp to make hearts and sweet messages on the packets.
Heart-Shaped Tea Bag Warm someone up by adding a handwritten note to a tea bag. Cut two hearts out of red construction paper using a heart-shaped crafter's hole punch (available at crafts stores). Use a metallic pen to write a short message on one of the hearts. Next, remove a tea-bag tag and, at the end of the string, affix two hearts, back-to-back, using double-sided tape or a stapler. Package bags to give as a present, or steep one in hot water and serve.
Photo Montage for Kids Stack family photos into playful wall art in the shape of a giant heart.
Delicious Almond Coconut Valentine Cookies. Arrange almond nut on cookies in a heart shape.
Almond Coconut Drops are deliciously rich and chewy clusters made from shredded coconut, crunchy almonds, and deep dark chocolate. This recipe yields about 3 dozen small (1-inch) drop candies.
- 2 oz unsweetened choolate, finely chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups flaked or shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup salted almonds, coarsely chopped
2. Place the chopped chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave it until melted and smooth.
3. Add the sweetened condensed milk to the chocolate and stir until smooth and well-combined. Add the shredded coconut and the chopped almonds, and stir until they are well-coated with the chocolate mixture.
4. Use a teaspoon or a small candy scoop to drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. You should get about 36 small clusters, and you might need to use two baking sheets.
5. Place the sheet of clusters in the oven, and turn the oven off. Leave the baking sheet in the oven for about 15 minutes. The chocolate should pool around the bottom of the drops a little bit, and should take on a glazed appearance. Remove the tray from the oven and let it cool completely.
6. Once cool, carefully peel the clusters off the parchment paper. The backs might be a bit sticky, but they should come off with gentle maneuvering.
7. Store Almond Coconut Drops in an airtight container at room temperature, separated by layers of waxed paper, for up to a week.